[Nagiosplug-help] Which Plugin to install ?

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Fri May 18 09:45:57 CEST 2007

Am 17.05.2007 um 22:40 schrieb MANAS MUKHOPADHYAY:

> I 'll use Zenoss (installed in another server) and a daemon process
> of the Zenoss instance will poll my Linus Server and talk to the
> NagiosPlugin.
>
> Pls help me understand which NagiosPlugin to install.
I dont think that you need to install a plugin for this. If your
monitored server has to contact your monitoring-server (=Nagios-
server) you probably will implement it as a passive check in nagios.
This will allow you to "push" the check-results. Please refer to the
excellent online-documentation of Nagios and search for passive checks.

hth Ingo
--
Ingo Lantschner
Vienna/Austria