[Nagiosplug-help] Output of check_http not consistent

Ingo Lantschner ingo.lists at vum.at
Tue May 22 17:40:12 CEST 2007

Am 22.05.2007 um 15:53 schrieb Matthias Eble:

> But it wouldn't get confused if it used perfdata instead of the
> plugin output. Thus plugin output is for human beings, perfdata for
> computers :)
good point! So let me paste the whole output:
HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 1227 bytes in 0.067 seconds |
time=0.066948s;;;0.000000 size=1227B;;;0
OK - HTTP/1.1 302 Found - 0.723 second response time  |
time=0.723189s;;;0.000000 size=365B;;;0

So first the standard map-file *does* get confused, since it is
searching for a line starting with "HTTP" - a pattern which does not
always fit as we can see. And second: Are you sure, that the time in
both cases is measuring a comparable process/roundtrip? I do not want
to compare apples with horses (don't know the English expression for
"Birne" right now :-) ).

Cheers, Ingo.

--
Ingo Lantschner