[Nagiosplug-help] Multiple lines of output

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Sat May 26 04:20:48 CEST 2007

On 25/05/07 01:34 AM, Andrew Wilkin wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I've exhausted all known avenues on the Nagios sites for this request!
>
> The Nagios online documentation mentions mutliple lines of output from a plugin. But I don't seem to be able to get it to work within a shell script. The shell script shall print the  output on multiple lines and I've even tried embedding '\n' character within the output.

How are you doing it and with which version of Nagios?

Only Nagios 3 (Alpha) support multi-line output and I believe you have
to use the PROCESS_FILE command to have Nagios read an external file
with the check result.

The link to that command usage is:
http://nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandinfo.php?command_id=131

But seems like the whole Nagios site is broken right now...

I'm not sure if there's any parsing done by Nagios that would remove
newlines though. You may try with HTML tags as well....

Thomas