[Nagiosplug-help] OT: how to respond to out of hours downtime?

Colin McKinnon colin.mckinnon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 16:35:34 CET 2007

Hi all,

I hope you'll forgive a slightly Off Topic question but I imagine some
(most) of you will have much more knowledge of Nagios than I.

I have a service (in the conventional sense) for which I need to
report availability during working hours (9-5, M-F) but which I want
to monitor 24x7. Currently I have two services configured in Nagios
running the same command, one of working hours, one for non-working
hours.

Is there a more sensible way to do this?

In my current setup, what happens if at 4:58pm, the service is found
to be in a non-OK state? Surely Nagios will continue to report the
service is down until the next morning? Can I use dependencies so that
an OK status on one of the pair of services forces the the other
service back to OK?

TIA