[Nagiosplug-help] nrpe returns blank "()" status information

Randy Yu yu at echoworx.com
Wed Nov 7 16:02:33 CET 2007

Currently I have Nagios monitoring host setup on a Fedora Core 6 operating system running version 2.9.  I setup the nrpe plugin version 2.81 on a remote host to do "check_log" commands on my catalina.out Tomcat log with the following syntax:

command[check_echo_tomcat]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_log -F /opt/tomcat/logs/catalina.out -O /tmp/.catalina.log -q "ERROR|SEVERE"

Intermittently, the Nagios monitoring host will return a "CRITICAL" status with the "STATUS INFORMATION" containing "()" as the value.  I cannot find any "ERROR" or "SEVERE" occurances in my log.

Any advice would be appreciated.

- Randy Yu (echoworx)