[Nagiosplug-help] check_ntp

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Sat Nov 10 15:24:19 CET 2007

> check_ntp gets the offset between the local clock the the peer, which is
> good to check if the local server is sync with the remote server, but
> not to check if the remote server is sync with its peers.
>
> This can easily be changed; the question is do we actually want that?
> (I'm personally all for it...)

In my environment, I wish I had *both*.  I use the ability to
check a remote client against local time (where my Nagios server
happens to also be the site's NTP source), and I wish I could check
a remote server against its peers (when I test the members of my
NTP cluster).

Benny

--
"It sounds like you're killing a seagull with a bagpipe!"
                             -- Khan, on King Of The Hill