[Nagiosplug-help] Some tables won't be filled using NDOUtils

Daniel Höttges dhoettges at communicode.de
Wed Nov 14 14:37:50 CET 2007

Hi there,

I hope I got the right mailing-list for my problem, since the other ones
didn't match the theme ;)
Currently I'm "developing' a webinterface for our customers, so that
they can see the current state and a state-history for their
hosts/services. I know about NagVis and Nagios Looking Glass, but they
didnt't meet our requirements.

I'm using the following software to realize that:

Nagios 2.9
Nagios Plugins 1.4.9
NDOUtils 1.4b5
MySQL 4.1.12

Everything is running on Fedora Core 4, but the database is installed on
a different server.

The problem ist, that using NDOUtils, some tables won't be filled.
Current states, host checks etc. is sent to the database, but for
example all "*history"-tables stay empty.
I trid to solve this for about 1 1/2 week, but didn't get it.

In the database-server I can't see any log-entries which give me a hint,
what is going wrong. The only "strange" messages I get come from nagios
itself, telling me something like this:

[1195003642] ndomod: Error writing to data sink!  Some output may get
lost...
[1195003658] ndomod: Successfully reconnected to data sink!  0 items
lost, 72 queued items to flush.
[1195003658] ndomod: Successfully flushed 72 queued items to data sink.

Sometimes it is repeated after a few seconds, sometimes after some
minutes or hours.

I didn't even get a hint, what it can be using google and asking on some
sites.

This is a list of tables, which are currently empty:
nagios_acknowledgements
nagios_contactstatus
nagios_customvariables
nagios_customvariablestatus
nagios_dbversion
nagios_downtimehistory
nagios_eventhandlers
nagios_flappinghistory
nagios_host_contacts
nagios_host_contacts
nagios_host_parenthosts
nagios_hostdependencies
nagios_hostescalation_contactgroups
nagios_hostescalation_contacts
nagios_hostescalations
nagios_scheduleddowntime
nagios_service_contacts
nagios_servicedependencies
nagios_serviceescalation_contactgroups
nagios_serviceescalation_contacts
nagios_serviceescalations
nagios_servicegroup_members
nagios_servicegroups*
*nagios_statehistory

Some of them should be empty (everything regarding servicegroups, since
I didn't setup any), but I'm sure, "nagios_statehistory" for example
should contain some entries.

So I hope you have an idea, what could be wrong.

Sincerley,
Daniel

--
Daniel Höttges, Technik
E: dhoettges at communicode.de
T: +49 201 84 188-132

communicode GmbH & Co. KG
Rellinghauser Str. 332, D-45136 Essen, Germany
T: +49 201 84 188-188, F: +49 201 84 188-199
W: http://www.communicode.de

Sitz: Essen Amtsgericht Essen, HRA 8107
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
communicode Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, Sitz: Essen
Amtsgericht: Essen, HRB 17450
Geschäftsführer: Axel Helbig

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich
geschüzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige
Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unerlaubte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail sind
nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient
(or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution
of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.