[Nagiosplug-help] NPRE with SSL broke Oracle 10g RAC SSH SSH User Equivalency

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Nov 15 17:51:38 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 08:39:18AM -0800, Jason Martin wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:00:03AM -0500, Vincent K. Britton wrote:
> > However now the node with NRPE installed has now failed as it
> > seems to broken our SSH User Equivalency?  Now logged in as
> That is highly unlikely. You compiled SSL support into NRPE,
> which does not affect SSH.  Were any other changes made at the
> same time of this installation?
One thing that is _possible_ is that installing nagios plugins
caused it to create a nrpe user (it has been a while since I've
done a raw install so I forget of it does this). If your system
was using NIS or LDAP groups, then the 'useradd' command might
have ended up reusing the same userid as Oracle and causing a
conflict.  Something to check at least.

-Jason Martin
--
.ASM programmers drive stick shifts.