[Nagiosplug-help] jabber notification

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Mon Nov 19 13:02:26 CET 2007

Hi All,

I have seen the notify_by_jabber perl script.

Because of the number of notifications that I get through some passive
volatile service checks I was wondering whether anyone has seen one that
was compiled in C rather than perl, as Nagios seems to take quite a
while running the notification script when I get a flood of events - I'm
thinking that a C program might be faster.

Are there any jabber alternatives to the perl script?

If there isn't one then I'll look at using sec.pl to handle these
passive checks (they're SNMP traps, after all) and only produce a single
alert (so far they've been routing topology change notifications from
multiple routers & switches in our infrastructure).

Best Regards,

Giles