[Nagiosplug-help] Check_http - State Unknown

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Tue Nov 27 09:54:10 CET 2007

Hi Rich,

I'm not sure if this error really is caused by too long an uri
path,
and if it instead wasn't owe to the missing trailing dollar sign
of the $HOSTNAME$ macro
in your check command definition?

Also, are you really querying a vhost where it is required to
pass the Host: attribute in the HTTP request header.
Otherwise I would prefer the webserver's IP address (or -I
$HOSTADDRESS$) to avoid DNS lookups.
I am not sure if it even would work against a vhost to stick with
the IP address but additionally supply something like -k "Host:
vhost-name:vhost-port" ?

response time