[Nagiosplug-help] check_http cert expiration w/ addl cert info

Mike Patterson mp72 at excite.com
Mon Sep 17 20:38:07 CEST 2007

Hi list

I'm checking https cert expiration on a large number of hosts in a somewhat complex environment.

I'd love to include in the feedback the Common Name (CN) that belongs to the certificate.  Just so that I can be absolutely certain that I'm checking the cert I think I'm checking.

Mulitple DNS servers, DNS wildcards, load-balancers, more than 1 cert of each host, etc.. have the potential to have me checking the wrong certificate.

Different checks I'm experimenting with:

./check_ssl_certificate -H 10.10.10.22 -v -c 7 -w 24
check_ssl_certificates: 363 days left for this certificate.

./check_http -H 10.10.10.22 -p 443 -S -C 24
OK - Certificate will expire on 09/14/2008 23:59.

Any tips how I can also have the check return the Common Name (CN) belonging to the cert?

Thanks,
Mike