[Nagiosplug-help] nrpe plugin execution quesion

Christine Ross cross at hccs.com
Fri Sep 21 17:30:04 CEST 2007

I have solaris 8 servers at a collocation site who use a nagios server
to monitor them.  They said to install the nrpe plugin on my servers so
they can monitor them, which I did.  The nrpe daemon installed in
/usr/local/sbin.

NRPE - Nagios Remote Plugin Executor

Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org)

Version: 2.8.1

Last Modified: 05-10-2007

License: GPL v2 with exemptions (-l for more info)

SSL/TLS Available: Anonymous DH Mode, OpenSSL 0.9.6 or higher required

TCP Wrappers Available

They also gave me the required lines for my configuration file

(ie) command[check_load]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_load -w 6,4,3 -c
10,6,4

I do not have a nagios directory in /usr/lib, nor any of those files
check_load, etc.  Is that a local nagios directory or the one on the
monitoring server?   Is there something else that has to be installed on
the server that is being monitored?

Thank you

Christine