[Nagiosplug-help] How to format send/expect strings for check_udp against SNMP managed devices?

Tom Nail tom.nail at amd.com
Wed Sep 26 23:20:43 CEST 2007

Ralph,

Why not use the check_snmp plugin and check for a standard OID that is
supposed to be there, such as "SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0". This confirms
that you have an SNMP agent up and responding on the port (your required
output). and leaves you free to work on more important things.

I mean, your wheel is undoubtedly shiny, but there's already one doing
this job.

Cheers,

- -=Tom Nail