[Nagiosplug-help] deploy plugins to remote server(farm)

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:34:36 CEST 2008

Jeff C. Benger wrote:
> Using keys is easiest way, but would be pretty easy to write a shell script that prompts for a pwd(or takes it as an arg, but then your pwd would be in cleartext in the process list) and uses it to loop through all of the host
I'm pretty sure that SSH doesn't take a password on the command line for
obvious reasons, nor am I aware of any env var which will allow it
either, so a bash read followed by looping seems out of the question,
although do correct if I'm wrong...

As for the showing up in the processlist problem...

"Gentoo Hardened" baby... private process list is one of the many extra
protections, only root can see all processes... but then if some has
root all bets are off anyway...

-h

--
Hari Sekhon