[Nagiosplug-help] deploy plugins to remote server(farm)

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Apr 17 17:42:41 CEST 2008

/usr/local/nagios/libexec
> >  distributedCollector1:"/usr/local/nagios/"
> >
> >  --
> Hello Marc, can you
> explain that a bit more , where do i neter the password and where the
> hostlist?

You can't automatically send a password to an ssh/scp/sftp command, it's
just not supported by those programs for security reasons. You must set
up passwordless ssh as detailed in an earlier message. You can configure
that to be very secure (man sshd and search for authorized_keys). Once
that's done, you can use the script above to distribute the plugins. To
add additional hosts, just add in more 'echo' and '/usr/bin/rsync' lines
to the script. The 'hostlist' is to change 'distributedCollector1' to
the FQDN for your first data collector. I distribute to 5 hosts
personally.

--
Marc