[Nagiosplug-help] Please help me..... Nagios supports this functionality ??

Aniket Sawant aniketvsawant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:51:25 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Jason Martin <jhmartin at toger.us> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 08:45:22PM +0530, Aniket Sawant wrote:
> > Is there any way to send a notification on specific column value in
> mysql.
> > or there is any plug-in which can support custom query.
> > Does nagios support this type of functionality?...
> I don't think there are any stock plugins that do this exactly.
> However, all you have to do is write a script that will exit
> with return code 0 if your conditions are not met, and 2 if they
> are.  Then have Nagios execute it and it will alert if there is
> a problem.
>
> -Jason Martin
> --
> This message is PGP/MIME signed.

Hi Jason,

I'm very very thankful to you for replying. I understand what you want to
say. You mean to say that i have to write a perl script that will check for
the conditions by writting a custom SQL query and return 0, 1, 2, 3 as
status code, And nagios will send a alert/notification depending on that
return status.
Do you know where should i get such a perl script on web. I dont know
anything about Perl.
i have also figure out that will my problem resolved by creating client SNMP
agent which will communicate with mysql and send the response back. and
using that response, nagios will send a notification.
Or there is any alternate way to do this.

Thanks,
Aniket.