[Nagiosplug-help] Help required for NAGIOS plugin

Marcus adesperateuser at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:41:37 CEST 2008

Rahul Toraskar schrieb:

> I am new to NAGIOS and need to write a plugin in perl which will read
> data from mysql table. I have written a sample perl script for this and
> now wanted to configure it on NAGIOS. Can anybody help me as where I
> need to copy this perl file? If anyone can guide me to some document
> which can give me step by step instructions that will be great help.

Hi Rahul,

there are some guidelines for plugin-developers on sourceforge.net:
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html

You probably should copy the perl-file (your plugin) in the
plugins-folder of the corresponding server, or - if you check directly
on the mysql-interface via tcp -  put it in the plugins-folder of your
nagios-server (which is called libexec).
You can check via nrpe or nsca (active or passive check) on remote hosts
or, as mentioned using a direct connection to your database via tcp.

Hth,

  greetz, Marcus