[Nagiosplug-help] Check_NT question

Ian Rarity Ian.Rarity at espc.com
Fri Apr 25 13:00:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's any way to use NSClient and check_nt to
generate a warning/critical alert if a particular service on a box IS
running?  Check_nt presupposes that the proper state for services should
be running, which is fair enough.
However, we have a hot-spare server which runs our main backoffice app.
 The live version of this server updates our website, and we recently
had an issue where the backup box came back up after a power cut with
all services running, resulting in two conflicting sets of updates being
applied to the website and much confusion all around.
Under those circumstances, it would have been handy to be alerted to
the fact that the backup box was now also updating the website; can
anyone suggest a way to persuade check_nt to do this, or an alternative
plugin?

Thanks,
Ian.

*********************************
Ian Rarity
Technical Engineer
ESPC (UK) Ltd.
T: (44)131 624 8000
F: (44)131 624 8509
http://www.espc.com ( http://www.espc.com/ )

Private and Confidential:  This e-mail transmission is strictly
confidential and intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain
privileged and confidential information and if you are not the
intended recipient, you must not copy, disclose, distribute or
take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please delete it and notify our E-mail Systems
Administrator on +44 (0) 131 624 8000. ESPC (UK) Ltd does not
accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the
recipient's system or data by this message or any attachment.

ESPC (UK) Ltd is a company registered under the Companies
Acts in Scotland (Registered Number SC203535), and having its
registered office at 90A George Street, Edinburgh, Midlothian
EH2 3DF.

ESPC (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority.