[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios NRPE_nt False Positives take 2

Ford, Andy andyford at agedwards.com
Fri Apr 25 22:35:56 CEST 2008

I would be tempted to guess that your disk usage might actually be
jumping up for a short time, triggering an alarm, and then dropping back
down.
An application is probably creating a large temp file or something.

If this is the case, and the temporary large use of space is not causing
an operational issue, maybe just set Nagios to only alarm if the disk
space goes high and stays high for a longer period.

If you think nrpe is at fault, have you tried running your test on the
Windows server independent of nrpe?

Perhaps set up an automated call of your test on the Windows servers
you're monitoring and just write the results to a file.

Andy Ford
314-955-6647
andyford at agedwards.com

Wachovia Securities, LLC's outgoing and incoming e-mails are electronically
archived and subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other
than the recipient.

A.G. Edwards, a division of Wachovia Securities, LLC