[Nagiosplug-help] Check_snmp_win plugin

Jon Angliss jon at netdork.net
Sat Aug 2 19:19:56 CEST 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 14:27:49 +1200 (NZST),
ronw at paradise.net.nz wrote:

>I am having problems with check_snmp_win.pl plugin. I want to check that certain
>services are running on a Windows server. I have a windows server 2003 sp1
>running here and checking services work fine, however I have built a new server
>and the only difference is that I have added sp2 which gives a slightly newer
>snmp.exe
>The plugin no longer works and gives this error:
>ERROR: Process name table : Requested table is empty or does not exist.
>
>Is there a problem with this plugin working with the newer version of snmp.exe
>and if so does anyone have a work around.

Have you verified you can talk to that server via SNMP?  Do a simple
snmpget to validate.  Something I inevitably always forget when I
setup a new box is to change the security settings on SNMP.  Open up
the services.msc, right click on "SMNP Service", select properties,
then go to the "Security" tab.  Make sure your community name is what
you're expecting and you have either added your nagios host to the
trusted list at the bottom, or grant all hosts.

--
Jon Angliss