[Nagiosplug-help] Plugin used to respond to SMS alerts via SMS.

Holger Weiss holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Tue Aug 5 00:15:22 CEST 2008

* Wes Sothard <wsothard at safenet-inc.com> [2008-08-04 17:25]:
>     I am looking for a plugin that will allow my team and I the ability
> to acknowledge issues on the Nagios system that we receive via SMS.  We
> want to be able to acknowledge the alert with a reply to the text
> message Nagios sends to our on-call pager.

We use SMSTools[1] for sending and receiving SMS via a GSM modem.
SMSTools allows for defining an arbitrary handler[2] for received
messages---such as a shell script which pipes an ACK into Nagios'
command file.

Holger

[1] http://smstools.meinemullemaus.de/
[2] http://smstools.meinemullemaus.de/eventhandler.html