[Nagiosplug-help] Help installing check_jbossjmx

matthias eble matthias.eble at mailing.kaufland-informationssysteme.com
Tue Aug 19 10:39:23 CEST 2008

> I can't seem to find a how-to for installing check_jbossjmx.
> As it stands I assume I have to install jboss on my Nagios Server to run this check.  However there are options in installing Jboss itself, and I don't know what options to select when I only want to install it for the purpose of running this Plugin.

The wiki link you posted looks ok to me.
You don't need an entire jboss. You'll simply need all the files
necessary to run twiddle. I never used this kind of check because the
large overhead for spawning a new JVM every time. Maybe twiddle can also
be compiled using gcj to reduce the overhead.

Matthias