[Nagiosplug-help] check_icmp problems

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Aug 26 13:20:34 CEST 2008

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Clever solution. I'll apply it to my version of check_icmp, with SEQ_BITS
> increased to 6. That'll allow 64 packets to a single host (I know some of
> our customers use 30 for some of their gear), while still making it
> possible to scan 1024 hosts in one go, which is almost certainly (still)
> overkill.

And here's the patched check_icmp.c (from the op5 source-tree).
Mr. Brewster, can you please try using this version and see if it
fixes your problems?

Save check_icmp.c on your nagios server somewhere then do this:
gcc check_icmp.c -Wall -O2 -o check_icmp
(su to root)
cp check_icmp /path/to/your/previous/check_icmp
chmod 4711 /path/to/your/previous/check_icmp

You won't need to restart Nagios for the changes to take effect.
Please report back if it works properly. Thanks :)

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se