[Nagiosplug-help] Failing to compile nrpe against OpenSSL onHP-UX

Mikael Fridh frimik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 03:37:18 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 10:21 AM,  <Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de> wrote:
> Just to inform you,
> I applied these substituions (there weren't more in the file)
>
> $ diff src/nrpe.c{,.dist}
> 617c617
> <               log_facility=LOG_AUTH;
> ---
>>               log_facility=LOG_AUTHPRIV;
> 619c619
> <               log_facility=LOG_DAEMON;
> ---
>>               log_facility=LOG_FTP;
>

> And this time make produced an nrpe executable that looks like it could
> work.
[...]
> Of course, I first will have to test this build a bit
> before I can really tell if that patch fixed the problem...

It will work, it's what I did to compile on AIX.
Plus I also need to install openssl from a "AIX freeware/toolbox"
package and configure with:
./configure --with-ssl-inc=/opt/freeware/include/openssl
--with-ssl-lib=/opt/freeware/lib/ .

But like I said, that's on AIX, I've never run HP-UX.

--
Mike