[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE returns correct data, while Nagios shows "No Output"

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Thu Jan 17 10:54:11 CET 2008

Nagios shows "No Output"

>The point of running the following command on the nagios server:
>
>"sudo -u nagios /usr/local/lib/nagios/linexec/check_nrpe -H
remote.host -t 30 -c check_custom_plugin"

>Was to make sure Nagios can run nrpe and retrieve the plugins
output from the remote cluster node.

It hasn't become clear to me why you need to execute the
check_nrpe plugin itself via sudo?
This plugin is meant to be executed by the uid the nagios server
is running under.
What matters are any possible constraints for check_custom_plugin
(or whatever you pass to -c)
that needs to be executed remotely on the nrpe node.
Thus constraints there, on the nrpe node, must be met and
privileges possibly elevated by some sudo rule if necessary.