[Nagiosplug-help] check_nt returning bogus values

Jeremy Farrar jeremy.farrar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 23:31:00 CET 2008

Thanks for the reply, Mark. You pointed me in the right direction to solve
my issue. I compared the perf*.dll files on the server that was giving me
problems with the files on a server that was working. All of the DLLs had
the same version number.

I launched perfmon on both servers. I noticed that perfmon did not display
any counter data on the problem server. My research led me to this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152513/en-us

I ran regedit and noticed that the keys located
at*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009
*were different between the servers. I copied the keys from the good server
to the bad one. Perfmon.exe started running normally as soon as it was
relaunched. The NC_Net service started reporting accurate data shortly
thereafter.

Once again, thank you very much for the reply. I would not have been able to
figure it out without you. I hope my experiences can help someone else in
the same situation.
*
Jeremy Farrar
Systems Intergrator