[Nagiosplug-help] check_email?

Mike Lindsey mike+nagiosplug at bettyscout.org
Thu Jan 24 02:59:57 CET 2008

I've inherited a system that checks a maildir for new mail, and alerts
whenever there is new mail.  It's used for a generic human interface
catchall, someone in CS sees a horrible problem that's not already caught
by the main nagios install, so they fire off an email to the address tied
to this check, and it opens a ticket and pages the on-call person.

Now, I get to take this apart and integrate it with our main nagios
environment.  The install now is clunky and requires a lot of manual
intervention.  Has anyone done something like this, perhaps in a sleek,
nice, portable way?

--
Mike Lindsey