[Nagiosplug-help] check_ldap error: Could not bind to the ldap-server

Chris Jones cjones at pittstate.edu
Tue Jul 8 21:15:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

After upgrading from nagios-plugins-1.4.11,1 to
nagios-plugins-1.4.11_1,1, my check_ldap is no longer working.

This is what I get from the command line:

==========
cjones at netmon> sudo /usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_ldap -H
ds1.domain.com -b ou=ServiceAccounts,dc=domain,dc=com -D
uid=nagios_svc,ou=ServiceAccounts,dc=domain,dc=com -P PaSsWoRd -3 -4 -S
Could not bind to the ldap-server
==========

This plugin worked perfectly until the upgrade. Does anyone know if
something changed in the check_ldap plugin? Also, would I be able to
simply copy a check_ldap plugin from one machine to another, or is it
very much OS specific?

- Chris

--
Chris Jones, CCNP
Senior Systems Manager
E-mail: cjones at pittstate.edu
--

There isn't much difference between Linux and Unix.

Just think of Linux as Unix, written by 1,000 monkeys who have never seen Unix before.