[Nagiosplug-help] Update to pst3 - request for Solaris testing

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Jun 2 18:27:00 CEST 2008

Hi!

I've just committed a patch to pst3 which my colleague, Duncan
Ferguson, has made. On a large scale Solaris 10 server with multiple
zones, pst3 was occasionally taking over 10 seconds to finish. This
patch changes the way pst3 access the process list by talking directly
to the kernel. We were seeing that the time taken to invoke pst3 was
reduced by 94%!

I'd be interested in testing on other Solaris systems.

Best way to get the change is via a snapshot when it next runs at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/snapshot

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
UK: +44 (0)870 787 9243