[Nagiosplug-help] check_snmp command

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Tue Jun 3 19:38:42 CEST 2008

Hi all!

I'm trying to use Nagios to monitoring routers and switches on Debian
GNU/Linux Etch. The Nagios Plugins version is 1.4.7. Reading Nagios
documentation [1], it says:

The check_snmp plugin will only get compiled and installed if you have
the net-snmp and net-snmp-utils packages installed on your system. Make
sure the plugin exists in /usr/local/nagios/libexec before you continue.
If it doesn't, install net-snmp and net-snmp-utils and
recompile/reinstall the Nagios plugins.

I didn't found the net-snmp and net-snmp-utils packages. I try
installing libnet-snmp-perl and libsnmp-session-perl, but later
compilation I didn't get the check_snmp plugin. Should I to install any
other package?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/monitoring-routers.html
--
Daniel Bareiro - System Administrator
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37