[Nagiosplug-help] monitoring F5 bigIP Load Balancers

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed Jun 18 14:33:16 CEST 2008

On 18/06/08 02:51 AM, Heiko wrote:

> Hello. Please keep the discussion on the list as it may help others as
> well...
>> Hello Thomas,
>
>> Sorry about that, the reply button in gmail only adds the sender..
> Pool monitoring on the 9.x requires walking the table and counting the
> lines... this can take some time is there's some latency between your
> monitoring server and the BigIP.
>
> Increasing the timeout could help, but it might be worth trying this as
> well:
>
> Locate the line ear the top which says:
> $snmpwalkcmd = '/usr/bin/snmpwalk';
>
> and change it to:
> $snmpwalkcmd = '/usr/bin/snmpbulkwalk';
>
> This will do SNMP BULKWALK requests instead, which should be faster.
> AFAIK the parameters for snmpbulkwalk are the same...
>
>> this looks like to work much better, I still get notifications about
>> pools that have no users,

I'm not sure what you mean here...

>> arent reachable and messages like this:

You mean the BigIP isn't reachable? Have you tried snmpwalk'ing it by
hands? Raising the timeout?

>> 	CHECK_BIGIP_POOL UNKNOWN - cbw-www1_mysql 1/0 nodes make no sense
>> The Vserver stats are ok somehow.
>> Is there anything else we can do?

Send me the full output of the plugin with -vvv (in private if you
wish). I'll have a look.

Basically the error above means that the BigIP reported one node online,
but walking the node list fro the pool returned no results.

Thomas