[Nagiosplug-help] monitor a service

Steven Coenegrachts scoenegrachts at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:09:20 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to monitor een service (used by time
registration software) on a windows host. What I've done is copy/paste
the line's I used for monitoring
the backupexec services. Now I would like reuse this code, this is what
I did:

*_original code:

_*# \'check_nt-bejobe\' command definition
define command{

|    command_name	check_nt_bejobe
    command_line	$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l BackupExecJobEngine
	}

||*_modified code:

_*# \'check_nt-GPSCommunicationService\' command definition
define command{

| command_name     check_nt_gpscomm
command_line     $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
SERVICESTATE -d SHOWALL -l GPS Communication Service
}

I checked this service name by looking under the windows host -
services.msc and by service name I see: ||GPS Communication Service

BUT, when I checked the service via internet explorer, the nagios webpage:

GPS communication Service
<http://10.189.13.35/nagios/cgi-bin/extinfo.cgi?type=2&host=tikklok&service=GPS+communication+Service>

	WARNING 	06-19-2008 10:08:52 	0d 0h 25m 10s 	3/3 	GPS Communication
Service: Unknown

 What could be wrong?|