[Nagiosplug-help] apc plugin

Steven Coenegrachts scoenegrachts at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 20:51:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to install the check_apc_temp plugin, but I don't understand
what's collored red:

#!/bin/bash
#
# Temperature check plugin for APC UPSes equipped with PowerNet(tm)
# management cards.
#
# Checks the temperature probe gauge via SNMP. You must have SNMP
# enabled on your UPS and know the community string.
#
# Written by Josh Malone (jmalone at ubergeeks.com)
# Last modified: 01-03-2007
#
# v 0.1 - First functional plugin deployed at NRAO
# v 0.5 - Auto-determines units used by the UPS and sets thresholds
#          appropriately

# You may have to change these two if your UPS MIB is different  -> what
do I have to change, wich two?

# Name of the MIB to use. You can download this MIB from:
# ftp://ftp.apcc.com/apc/public/software/pnetmib/mib/
# and install it in your snmp MIB
directory                                    -> where is this directory
located, or were to create it?
APCMIB="PowerNet-MIB"

# Object ID (OID) for the temp probe gauge
TEMPOID="iemStatusProbeCurrentTemp.1"
UNITSOID="iemStatusProbeTempUnits.1"

SNMPGET=/usr/bin/snmpget
AWK=/bin/awk