[Nagiosplug-help] Plugin output: multi-line in Service Detail is OK. Multi-line in Tactical Overview... NOPE.

Justin Amburn justinjoseph24 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 28 02:26:58 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem here and hope someone knows the answer to this. I'm using Nagios 3.0.2 and it does support multi line plugin output on
the Service Detail page, but on the Tactical display page under the
Status Information column, I am only getting the first line... Is there
a way around this? If the first line of the plugin return text does not
indicate a problem, but the fifth line does, it requires the person
monitoring nagios to click to service detail each time. I suppose I
could code the plugin so it always puts a problem on the first
line..but still...

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

Justin