[Nagiosplug-help] FW: looking for a WMI Memory plugin

Don Cathey don.cathey at us.sector7.com
Tue Mar 4 16:41:36 CET 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Brock Kuhse [mailto:brock at kuhsefamily.org]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 9:23 PM
To: 'Don Cathey'
Subject: RE: [Nagiosplug-help] looking for a WMI Memory plugin

Hi Don,

SNMP is a problem for us too, so I wrote a simple perl script to call
wbemcli that connects to an installed instance of the OpenPegasus WMIMapper
on a Windows server, which, in turn, connects to WMI on the target machine
and returns the necessary information.  It took a little work to get it
running, but it wasn't too bad.  The connection is encrypted, so we can even
connect to Windows servers across the Internet when we don't have a suitable
proxy available.

I don't mind sharing the script, but it was written for internal use and, as
such, is not even close to user friendly.  I'll be there are at least a
dozen different ways you could break it, but it works great for us.  Just
let me know if you're interested.

- Brock