[Nagiosplug-help] check_nt USEDDISKSPACE problem with Nagios 3

Timothy J. Williams twilliams at suttercourts.com
Thu Mar 13 19:08:27 CET 2008

I'm having a problem with the check_nt plugin when using the
USEDDISKSPACE variable.

When I tryed to verify the config after doing an upgrade from 3.0rc1 to
3.0 Stable I get a message:

Error: Service description, host name, or check command is NULL

Error: Could not register service (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/objects/services.cfg', starting on line 176)

I went to the services.cfg file and found the following lines:

define service{

use                                         generic-service

                host_name                         REMOVED

                service_description        Drive Space C:\

                check_command             check_nt!USEDDISKSPACE!-l c -w
80 -c 90

                }

define service{

                use
generic-service

                host_name                         REMOVED

                service_description        Drive Space D:\

                check_command             check_nt!USEDDISKSPACE!-l d -w
80 -c 90

                }

define service{

                use
generic-service

                host_name                         REMOVED

                service_description        Drive Space E:\

                check_command             check_nt!USEDDISKSPACE!-l e -w
80 -c 90

                }

define service{

                use
generic-service

                host_name                         REMOVED

                service_description        Drive Space F:\

                check_command             check_nt!USEDDISKSPACE!-l f -w
90 -c 95

                }

I have other check_nt variables, not USEDDISKSPACE, in use after these
and they work fine.

I can remark these lines and the verify works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim