[Nagiosplug-help] problem with nrpe

seth simmons ssimmons at cymfony.com
Tue Mar 18 19:29:10 CET 2008

Server:
Nagios 3 on Fedora 8
NRPE 2.12

Clients:
Nagios Plugin 1.4.11
NRPE 2.12
RH EL 5 (x86) RH EL 4 (x64)

I have a problem communicating with nrpe.  I can do a local check on both systems and it works fine.  When I try to do a remote check, it fails saying 0 bytes received from daemon, check logs etc...

First, I'm not sure what log it is referring to.
Second, the nrpe documentation says that when this happens it means it can't do ssl handshake.

I originally was getting ssl errors, but it went away after doing ./configure --disable-ssl so I'm not sure what the issue is.  I've tried the plugin on two different clients with the same results.  I don't know if the issue is with the way I setup the client or if it's the server-or perhaps both?

- seth