[Nagiosplug-help] check_procs - integer error

secrookie at gmail.com secrookie at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:07:02 CEST 2008

I tried tired this:

$USER5$=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.dat
$USER6$=/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios

# 'check_nagios' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_nagios
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nagios -e 5 -F $USER5$ -C $USER6$
        }

define service{
        use                             local-service         ; Name
of service template to use
        host_name                       localhost
        service_description             nagios
        check_command                   check_nagios!-e!5!-F!$USER5$!-C!$USER6$
        notifications_enabled           0
       }

But get: NAGIOS CRITICAL: Cannot open status log for reading!

Running from the shell works fine.

# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/./check_nagios -e 5 -F
/usr/local/nagios/var/status.dat -C /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios
NAGIOS OK: 1 process, status log updated 5 seconds ago

Thanks for the help.

regards,
secrookie