[Nagiosplug-help] Compiling Plugins on Tru64 5.1B

Ciro Iriarte cyruspy at gmail.com
Fri May 9 06:48:05 CEST 2008

2008/5/8 Lou Palladino <lou.palladino at fnis.com>:
> I had originally used CC but that failed with the same error.
>
> Ciro Iriarte wrote:
>
> 2008/5/7 Lou Palladino <lou.palladino at fnis.com>:
>

> Could someone help shed some light on this?  The make process on the
>  1.4.11 gets here and fails:
>
>  /bin/ksh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -L.
>  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -o check_http  check_http.o sslutils.o netutils.o
>  utils.o ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a  -lresolv -lssl -lcrypto
>  gcc -g -O2 -o check_http check_http.o sslutils.o netutils.o utils.o
>  -L/testarea1/e0116593/nagios-plugins-1.4.11/plugins -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
>  ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../gl/libgnu.a -lresolv -lssl -lcrypto
>  /usr/bin/ld:
>  Unresolved:
>  getopt_long
>  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>  *** Exit 1
>  Stop.
>  *** Exit 1
>  Stop.
>  *** Exit 1
>  Stop.
>
>  But the plugins already compiled work fine (i.e. check_apt,
>  check_disk).  I am using an older version of gcc.
>
>  Thanks in advance.
>  Lou
>

> Some time ago I could compile nagios-plugins 1.4.4 with the cc
> compiler on Tru64 5.1B, try it instead of gcc.
>
> Regards,
> Ciro

I'll try to build the latest CVS Head and report back, we still have a
few Alpha servers around but no for long as we're migrating to
SPARC/Solaris. You can add one of your servers to Tinderbox
(http://nagiosplugins.org/tinderbox) and send reports, Ton Voon helped
me a lot with this particular issue.

Ciro