[Nagiosplug-help] check_oracle plug in help

asam30 at gmail.com asam30 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 09:39:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am using check_oracle plug in to monitor some of the oracle database
parameters. But this is reporting the following error.

[nagios at lnxtestsrv1 libexec]$ ./check_nrpe -H 10.192.2.239 -p 5666 -c
check_tns
No TNS Listener on playdb1

Let me explain,

lnxtestsrv1 is a box where nagios server is running and this is monitoring
checks(check_http, check_ftp, check_disk, check_swap etc) of other machines
just fine. I now need to monitor oracle db on 10.192.2.239 machine where
oracle server is running and sid is playdb1. i installed oracle client on
this lnxtestsrv1 machine and user nagios has access to sqlplus and tnsping
commands I also add nagios to the oracle group (dba, oinstall). tnsping from
nagios user works fine. telnet to 239 on port 1521 works ok

when I execute this command on the machine where nagios server is running,

[nagios at lnxtestsrv1 libexec]$ ./check_nrpe -H 10.192.2.239 -p 5666 -c
check_tns
No TNS Listener on playdb1

and

[nagios at lnxtestsrv1 libexec]$ ./check_nrpe -H 10.192.2.239 -p 5666 -c
check_login
CRITICAL -

in my 239 machine nrpe.cfg has following,

command[check_tns]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle --tns oradb-lnx
command[check_login]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_oracle --login playdb1

but all commands works if I execute following from 239 machine (oradb-lnx)

[nagios at oradb-lnx libexec]$ ./check_oracle --tns playdb1
OK - reply time 10 msec from playdb1
[nagios at oradb-lnx libexec]$ ./check_oracle --login playdb1
OK - dummy login connected

I did set the ORACLE_HOME path to where oracle client installed on
lnxtestsrv1 machine. Please help me how to fix this.

Thanks
-Shankar

--
Shankar Asam