[Nagiosplug-help] nagios plugins (1.4.111) install error

chris friesen cfriesen at telenium.ca
Wed May 21 15:39:47 CEST 2008

Thanks for the advice!
I did remove the RPM open ssl first thing, then tried a few variations
of the --with-openssl.  Nothing seemed to make a difference.

"/usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.a(dso_dlfcn.o)(.text+0x35): In function
`dlfcn_load': : undefined reference to `dlopen' "
I kept searching for this type of error on google and I found an article
that said

make clean
./configure LDFLAGS=-ldl
make

and with this I was able to make the plugins.  (I had also tried to
manually edit the Make file in the plugins directory and added -ldl to
the SSllibs line. This also worked to make the plugins).

onto the next problem...

thanks again.