[Nagiosplug-help] Error: Request contained command arguments, but argument option is not enabled!

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sun Oct 5 16:53:36 CEST 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Grant Lowe wrote:

> Sep
> 30 10:36:08 myhost nrpe[7179]: [ID 396531 daemon.error] Error: Request
> contained command arguments, but argument option is not enabled!
> Sep 30 10:36:08 myhost nrpe[7179]: [ID 900267 daemon.error] Client
> request was invalid, bailing out...

> It's
> seems to me that it's a configuration error, but I'm not sure what to
> fix.  Please help and don't be too hard on me as I'm kind of new to
> this.  :-)

You're using the -a argument in check_nrpe but not permitting it on
the receiving side.

In nrpe.cfg --

# COMMAND ARGUMENT PROCESSING
# This option determines whether or not the NRPE daemon will allow
clients
# to specify arguments to commands that are executed.  This option
only works
# if the daemon was configured with the --enable-command-args
configure script
# option.
#
# *** ENABLING THIS OPTION IS A SECURITY RISK! ***
# Read the SECURITY file for information on some of the security
implications
# of enabling this variable.
#
# Values: 0=do not allow arguments, 1=allow command arguments

dont_blame_nrpe=0

--
Marc