[Nagiosplug-help] (Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)

Grant Lowe glowe at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 10 18:02:54 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Since I've had such good luck with you guys, I thought I would ask for some more help :-).  Anyway, I'm getting this message
"(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)."  The plugins aren't missing:

myhost /tmp> ls -l /opt/csw/libexec/nagios-plugins/check_swap /opt/csw/libexec/nagios-plugins/check_mailq
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin        20371 Oct  9 12:46 /opt/csw/libexec/nagios-plugins/check_mailq*
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin        61364 Jan  4  2008 /opt/csw/libexec/nagios-plugins/check_swap*
myhost /tmp>

I've searched google and found similar problems and their solutions, but nothing seems to work.  This is rather puzzling because, if I run the command from the command line from the Nagios host, I get good information back from the NRPE host.  But I get this error in the GUI.  I get this error for two different commands.  Here are the commands I'm checking in nrpe.cfg

command[check_swap]=/opt/csw/libexec/nagios-plugins/check_swap -w 85 -c 75
command[check_mailq]= /opt/csw/libexec/nagios-plugins/check_mailq -w 90 -c 95

Any and all help is appreciated.