[Nagiosplug-help] FW: net-snmp & net-snmp-utils

Graham Turpie grahamt at portal-centres.com
Mon Oct 27 14:51:50 CET 2008

From: Graham Turpie
Sent: 27 October 2008 13:06
To: nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: net-snmp & net-snmp-utils

Hi,

I have been given ownership of the Nagios program. I have been asked to
enable SNMP and require to install net-snmp & net-snmp-utils. Can you
confirm the process this can be achieved? I think I have installed the
net-snmp ok via ./configure, make, make install etc.

I would like to test this by using the check_hpjd, but this plugin is
not appearing in my libexec folder.

I have also noticed the net-snmp-5.4.2-1.win32.exe file which has a
windows installer. Can it be installed this way to work with nagios.

I am not very linux /unix proficient and have been using PUTTY so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Graham Turpie
IT Support