[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE logging question

Lee Scott Lee.Scott at ihealthtechnologies.com
Tue Sep 2 15:13:29 CEST 2008

I have searched for this and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere.  Not
sure if this is the correct place to ask or not but here goes.

Is there a way to get NRPE to log to a seperate file instead of using
syslog?

I know I could configure say local7 to a seperate file or something but the
main messages could still be captured by the main syslog file.  I am trying
to apease my boss as he is complaining about the contant connection
messages in syslog.  Personally I could care less as I like to see the
connections logged but oh well.

Anyway, does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.