[Nagiosplug-help] java applications monitoring

Christian Schneemann cschneemann at suse.de
Mon Sep 22 09:17:46 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 22. September 2008 schrieb vinod bhasi:
> Hi,
Hi,
please stay on the list...

> Thanks for your reply . I have added so many services and some shell script
> applications . For applications I use teh process name coming in o/p of
> "top" . But for java, it will show "java"  only . When I gave full name
> like " java   name_of_app "  , nagios showed "no process running .
> Then I tested another method:
> As there is a plugin named" check_javaproc.pl" in my nagios plugins dir, I
> added these lines in commands.cfg
> define command{
>         command_name    check_run2
>         command_line    /opt/jdk1.5.0_13/bin/java
> $USER1$/contrib/check_javaproc.pl -c 1:1 -C $ARG1$ }
the service definition is wrong, your calling a perl-script with java, remove
the /opt/jdk1.5.0_13/bin/java.
It should look like:
command_line 	$USER1$/contrib/check_javaproc.pl -c 1:1 -C $ARG1$

> then in services.cfg added application like
>

> check_command                   check_run2!java java_app_name
What is "java java_app_name"? Two Arguments? Or one Argument with a
whitespace? Your check uses just $ARG1$ and I think it shall test for the
java_proc_name? Remove here the "java " so that it looks like:
check_command	check_run2!java_app_name

--
Christian Schneemann

Phone:  +49 (0)911 - 740 53 0