[Nagiosplug-help] information about custom plugin - multiple lines

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Tue Apr 14 21:28:01 CEST 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:32 AM, Erik Wasser wrote:

> On Thursday 09 April 2009, eva.keane at tradeweb.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a custom plugin on a client  that returns 5 rows of
>> information. I would like to capture it in the host and send it to
>> MySQL
>
> Well... IIRC the standard nagios plugins are returning only a single
> line of information so maybe you should write a little wrapper script
> that runs also on the client server capturing the 5 lines, transforms
> them to one line and feed the mysql with it.

With nagios 2 that is true. Nagios 3, however, is perfectly happy to
accept multiple lines of output. Look at the documentation for
formating info. As far as sending to mysql goes, you'd need an add-on
for that, such as NDOUtils ( http://www.nagios.org/download/addons/ ).
Of course, that hasn't been updated in years, and I haven't had very
good luck with it, but I'm pretty sure others are using it without
problems :)

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.