[Nagiosplug-help] check_disk plugin reporting incorrect values

Andrew Hall andyjohnhall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:31:25 CEST 2009

Hi there.

One of our servers has its MySQL data directory symlinked from
/var/lib/mysql to a mounted filesystem under /mnt

The check_disk plugin is reporting that this /var partition is 85% full and
the output of the df command shows this too - but upon running du this
clearly isn't the case.

I can only assume that by default the df and check_disk commands are
following these symlinks (although oddly even after choosing to follow
symlinks with the du command it still doesn't tally up) so I'm
wondering how I can stop this ?

I don't see any flags to check_disk which I could use. Any thoughts?

[user at host]# df -h
/dev/sda2 4.9G 3.9G 728M 85% /var

[user at host]# cd /var

[user at host]# du -sh .