[Nagiosplug-help] Remote plug-in reporting to Nagios host

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Tue Aug 25 22:09:33 CEST 2009

Hello,

We are making the move from Big Brother to Nagios.  I have a custom plug-in (shell script) running on a remote linux server that parses an application log file looking for process failures.  I have successfully gotten the plug-in (via NRPE) to report OK, CRITICAL, etc. to the Nagios host.

One very useful thing I could do with Big Brother was to send a text block along with the return code from the remote to the host.  For example, I would send a tail of the log file.  It would then display on that servers web page in the BB display.  Is there a way to accomplish this or something similar with Nagios?

Thanks,
Adam

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.