[Nagiosplug-help] cbeck_mysql password problem

Thomas Beinicke merlin.linux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:14:29 CET 2009

Hi,

I am trying to run the check_mysql plugin but since it is not suggested to use
the -p parameter to submit the password I tried to use the .my.cnf file in the
home dir of the nagios user.

I am using check_mysql v2034 (nagios-plugins 1.4.13).

It does read the username from the file but seems to ignore the password.

Does anyone know how to use a .my.cnf file with password or is there any other
more secure method which does not list the password in clear text when viewing
the processes?